Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mr. Man has found his owners

The family of Mr. Man came and picked him up. Nice, well meaning family. I just wish they could keep him from escaping.

My flower garden is expanding. I don't remember everything I put in but I should be making a diary/ log. So let me try to do that here.

In the front right flower bed I have a yellow rose bush. I can't recall the species. I'm thinking it is Sun Flare, but it hasn't bloomed yet so its hard to say. It has some green leaves and some burgandy. Its been in the ground for about 3 weeks and just got its first bud.

In the middle of the bed is "rainbow knock out". This is a gorgeous pink single flower with yellow in the middle. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Closest to the porch is "Blaze". This is a climbing red double flower rose. It has started to bloom and I am debating on when and how to train it to grab the railings.

The other side of the porch is "showbiz". This is another red climber. Hopefully it is hardy and disease resistant.

2 carnation flowering plants are mingled in with some green ground cover shrubs.

Next to that are 2 rose bushes that I can't remember the species.

The front area where the old ash tree was has been filled with 6-7 low growing shrub roses. There's several varieties but the colors are pink and red.

I will post pics when I can. The back yard is another thread.
Sent from my blackberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment